Narkol’er Bora | Coconut fritters
Q: What’s better than freshly grated coconut?
A: Freshly grated coconut, mildly spiced, rolled into balls, and fried till golden brown and delicious.
These coconut fritters are a great way to take your bhaat-dal-bhaja game to the next level. They also make for a ridiculously tasty snack.
COOKING TIME 20 minutes
YIELDS 9 boras
|150 g||Coconut (grated)|
|10 g||Green chillies (finely chopped)|
|15 g||Rice grains (ground to powder)|
|¼ tsp||Kaalo jeere (nigella seeds)|
- Mixing bowl
- Frying pan | skillet
- Perforated frying spoon | jhanjhri
- Grater | grinder
- In a dry grinder, finely powder the grains of rice.
- Grate the coconut using a grater or an electric grinder.
- Chop the green chillies.
- Now, place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine well by hand.
- Portion the mixture into balls of 25 g each.
- Shape each ball into a disc, making sure the top and bottom are flat for even frying.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Shallow-fry the boras till they are golden brown on both sides.
- Remove them from the oil and drain on a rack, colander, or over paper towels.